Tuesday, October 11, 2011

RMEC Kimball, Nebraska 2011

Well, there goes another RMEC race in the books! Thanks to MotoCity KTM they were able to get my bike ready to race before the event, their late hours at the shop are much appreciate. This adventure started off with a quick 16 hour drive. It took us two long days to get there, just to be greeted with snow, rain, mist, fog, clouds, and other weird stuff. I was glad to be equipped with my all weather Klim gear, to keep me warm and dry throughout the day. The race was quickly delayed an hour, due to the horrible weather conditions which disabled the ability to see anything. Shortly after, they had to delay the race another hour, because they had to change the course all around, do to the level of moisture in the ground. Finally, the race began at 10, and the race included three, sixteen mile loops. The course was bitchin, it included narrow canyons, waterfalls, and flowy grass track. This was my kind of course. The whole first loop went terrible, as my goggles fogged up horribly, and I couldn't see anything, and I mean anything. I got back to the truck, changed to anti-fog lenses, and I some other stuff to fight the moisture in the air. The second loop went pretty well, except for I got stuck behind a girl who was crashed in a one lane canyon section of the course, and I had to help her get her bike off her, and then I was able to keep going. I was riding like a man possessed, but put in a poor time due to the little incident. Coming into the third loop I was feeling confident, as I scoped out some fast lines I could take which included some sweet natural doubles, and some insanely sketchy cliff jumps which I rolled in the previous laps. The third loop was mine, I nailed it with very minimal mistakes. They also added in a whole other section with some serious exposure and other stuff. My time ended up being the same as my second loop, and that was with the extra section. I knew nobody beat my time on the last loop. I ended up with the win. This gives me three RMEC wins, and tightens up the points chase between me and Cody Schafer. It will be a close one. Thanks for reading!

"The Sheriff" Max Gerston

1 comment:

Waitress from Mensa said...

Congratulations, Max. It all sounds so exciting, but the "sketchy cliff jumps" sounds too dangerous. It seems that after Finland, you are running into a lot of weather. I like the way you phrased helping the girl who crashed, "I had to help her get her bike off her, then I was able to keep going." Remove all obstacles!

Post a Comment